Saturday, January 2, 2010

The start of a New Year!

So I decided that since all the cool kids are doing it and that I should try it out. I think 2010 will a very fun and great year for the Barnes family. Especially Madison and Morgan, so I should make sure to document it all and share it with my friends and family.

I will give a brief history on who we are...

There is me, Debi. I married the love of my life, Jeff. We met many moons ago at a way too early morning meeting for our past employer. It was love at first sight. Please! Jeff told me I was a freak for being allergic to coffee. We were friends for a year and then we started dating. We got engaged on Christmas Eve of 2005. It was the best thing ever! We got married in Brewster, MA. I had always dreamed of getting married down on Cape Cod. We tied the knot in the middle of a Noreaster. But our wedding day was sun and blue skies.

When I married Jeff I got to become the step mother to his amazing beautiful, smart and great daughter Sophia. She is 6 years old.

After being married for a little over a year we decided we wanted to have a baby. Two days before Halloween on 2008, I found out I was pregnant. A few weeks later we went in for a Dr visit. Jeff and I always joked that we would have twins. And I said NO WAY!!! So there we were sitting in the Dr office about to have an ultrasound and there was a twin box on the screen next to where Dr type in my name. We had a great big laugh and moved on.
We saw the baby and then.... there was another!!!!!! I almost died! TWINS!!!! We were having twins. I am pretty sure I was in shock and didn't say a word. Which for those who know me know that that is very rare. So the journey of carrying twins began.

I went on bed rest in the middle of March and laid on my couch for the remainder of the pregnancy. I did a lot of word searches, watched WAY too much crappy TV and ate. We had a few trips to labor and delivery to keep everything interesting and Jeff on his toes.

Finally after 38weeks and 1 day, I went in to the hospital to give birth. I will spare you all the gory details but Madison Gail and Morgan Jean were born on June 19th, 2009, born at 38 weeks and 2 days. They were perfect from the beginning.

Sophia loves being a big sister and loves her little sisters. Madison and Morgan love her just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment